When getting married in Los Cabos (whether you are in Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo, Pescadero or Todos Santos), one of the most important elements you can add to your wedding is candlelight! And we have lots of candles, just waiting to decorate your wedding tables and/or ceremony.
The Baja nights are dark (unless you are fortunate enough to have a full moon!) but that makes your candlelit tables and ceremonies even more romantic! Some brides (like the table below) use just candles to decorate their tables. This bride used 50 of our candles (or varying dimensions) for each of her 4′ x 8′ rectangular tables.
Sometime (like below) candles are an accent to everything else important that is going on on a table.
And sometime, though this is actually rare here in Cabo San Lucas, our candles are there to light up the actual night time ceremony. (Most photographers prefer to photograph sunset ceremonies an hour before sunset, but this Cabo wedding ceremony was beautifully photographed and truly stunning, even after sunset.) Click here for a great link to determine your Cabo wedding sunset time.
The bottom line is that when you are planning your florals for your Cabo wedding, you must also plan your candles. You will want a lot of them to create an ambiance that will be dreamlike and alluring!www.loscabosflowers.com
Location for all events shown above: Rancho Pescadero
Wedding Planner for all events shown above: Katie Thompson, @bajaweddingplanner, with Dazzle ‘Em Event Design
With the first month of 2016 coming to a close (can you believe how quickly January has flown by!), we wanted to highlight a few more wedding trends that we think are adorable and truly fabulous and should be brought here to Cabo immediately!
- Especially with a destination wedding like this one in Cabo, it can be difficult to include all of our besties, especially our furry ones! So what better way to include them, then to give their photos a place of honor at the reception.
- Instead of linen table runner, try a floral table runner on a simple white linen. Lined with candles, this adds the drama of hundreds of flowers, still leaving room for your guests to be able to chat across and down the long table.
3. Greenery, and lots of it, is really hot right now, and it’s not just limited to the table. Hanging greenery, especially in a location like Cabo where for most of our venues, literally the sky is the limit, this adds an amazing view from the tables.
4. The flowers should, of course, scream glamour, but let’s not forget about the vase! Clear vases, emphasizing the beauty of the stems, with rocks (or shells, or jewels, or seaglass…the list goes on) are clean and simply gorgeous.
Let us help you bring these great ideas to life for your wedding in Los Cabos! We are the floral experts! www.loscabosflowers.com
When Jessica & Josh shared their wedding design concept with us, they knew they wanted elegance! They had an amazing location for their Cabo wedding, at the world famous Sunset Da Mona Lisa Restaurant overlooking Monuments Beach and our thrilling Arch, and they wanted that to shine.
But they also wanted flowers and decor for both their ceremony and their reception that were special and glamourous!
We love what we created for them, in their theme colors of white, blush pink and gold. Take a look! (Photo credit: Sara Richardson Photography)
As the Cabo floral experts, it’s easy to tap into trends. We often hear the same words or descriptions from many different clients. That’s how we know what’s truly popular with our brides and grooms. The one word we keep hearing right now? RUSTIC.
And we love rustic! Now, of course, creating a rustic event on a beach in Mexico is a little bit different than having a rustic event in a barn, or on a farm, or in a meadow, or at a vineyard…wedding options that you may have in the U.S.
For us, most of our rustic weddings happen on a Cabo beach! And we love that! (Of course, we do create floral designs for weddings at Flora Farms, too, in neighboring San Jose del Cabo, which is a working farm. But most of our weddings are on or adjacent to the beach.)
Keeping your floral decor rustic is all about keeping your Cabo wedding look simple and natural with clean lines, while at the same time keeping it elegant.
So how do you do that?
- Incorporate a lot of white flowers into your floral design. Baby’s breath is popular again as well in rustic weddings too. (Line your ceremony aisle with bunches of it, for a beautiful and rustic look.)
- Use natural wood for many of your floral decor options. We recommend drift wood or curly willow. Create a chuppah with this natural wood, or let us design for you a table centerpiece made with some of our own Cabo beach driftwood with a candles incorporated into the wood.
- Use succulents and more wild flowers, than traditional flowers.
- Vintage metals look amazing with all of the above options. Set these directly on the beach to line your aisle way and include them in your table design as well.
We, at Cabo Flowers & Cakes, know a little trick to keep your event decor fabulous – and affordable – with a touch of whimsy! Add a bit of fruit to your decor. Yes….fruit! Lemons and limes are our favorites, but really you can add almost any type of fruit. Keep it whole or slice it…just make sure to showcase the true beauty and color of the fruit. And make sure it’s a match, color-wise, for your event’s theme and decor.
These sliced lemons lining the tall cylinder vases were a perfect fit for this luncheon’s bright, airy, and natural look. Adding the baby’s breath, Mason jars, and wrapping everything in raffia added the final finishing touches.
For this Cabo wedding’s natural feel, curly willow and tall cylinders of whole limes, lining the aisle walkway, were added to the ceremony decor. What a perfect way to mix the colors of brown, green and white! Very creative, very catchy!
Interested in adding some color, texture and a hint of fun to your wedding decor? Give our floral designers at Cabo Flowers & Cakes a call. We’ll create something delicious for you!
We, at Cabo Flowers and Cakes, get a lot of pictures sent to us of floral items that brides want us to (re)create for their weddings. What is our most requested chuppah? It’s this beautiful design that we created for Paulina and Michael’s beach ceremony at El Dorado Beach & Golf Club! Because it is so loved, we decided to feature their wedding as this month’s Real Wedding Highlight. (Plus the antique chandelier is just simply gorgeous!)
Paulina and Michael were high school sweethearts. Her mom owned a house in Cabo, where she had spent many wonderful days and weeks, and so when she and Michael decided to get married, they knew Cabo was the place! El Dorado was a gorgeous option for their ceremony and reception, and so the planning began.
With orange being their primary color, and brown, natural beige, and yellow being highlight colors, we focused on a simple arrangement of just orange/yellow cala lilies for her bridal bouquet . Paulina wanted to let the bright colors speak for themselves, without crowding in lots of secondary colors. We think her approach worked wonderfully!
However, when it came time to decorate for her reception tables, Paulina knew that she wanted to create table centerpieces that were spectacular, and that added some additional color to her bronze table linens. She added in white and orange roses, with green cymbidium orchids and draped Belles of Ireland, with alternating dark wood pillars and bronze urns, for a high-low look. With the glow of her amber candles, the tables were so romantic and carried out her brown and orange theme perfectly! We at Cabo Flowers and Cakes are proud to have been a part of this amazing Cabo wedding! And we’d be happy to re-create this look for you, too!