The classic white bridal bouquet is our #1 requested bouquet at Cabo Flowers and Cakes! And we fully support this fabulous bouquet! But just as Justin Timberlake sang (a long time ago), we believe in bringing sexy back and so we feel like jazzing up the classic white bouquet…just a bit! (Don’t worry….nothing too drastic!)
To enhance the classic white bridal bouquet, it’s all about what are the little additions (extra unique or special flowers or greenery) that make the bouquet stand up and dazzle. This bouquet (above) includes a touch of Belles of Ireland. (Photo credit: Amy Bennett)
How about adding white anemones, succulents, and green hydrangea & eucalyptus? This used to be a white bouquet until we transformed to it into a super-cool, super-gorgeous, extra special bridal bouquet with a white base! Spectacular!
White Mums and green hydrangeas add beautiful color and texture to what could’ve been a traditional white bouquet.
And don’t forget how different textures of white (and different styles of white flowers) help up the glamour element as well.
Looking for a traditional white bouquet for your Cabo wedding, but want to make it YOURS? Look no further than Cabo Flowers and Cakes floral designers…we’re bringing sexy back to the traditional white bouquet!
2016 is still a new year, so it’s not too late to continue looking at wedding trends! Our focus this blog is…the coolest new wedding cakes. The trends in wedding cake design are fun and colorful…perfect for a Cabo wedding! Check out our favorite 4 trends for 2016 – we are excited to create these for you! So…let’s get started…
Trend #1: The naked cake in CHOCOLATE! (Yes, the naked cake was really popular in 2015, but almost always in vanilla or a neutral color/flavor. For 2016, the hip way to create this cake is by embracing the chocolate, and letting it all hang out!)
Trend #2: Gold flaking on the cake! Not the whole cake…just a touch of shine. Let that cake glow!
Trend #3: The color drip! It’s actually a sweet flavored icing – delish – that also adds a touch of the creative to your cake design.
Trend #4: The geometric wedding cake! Either the shape of the actual cake or the shape of the design on the cake…both options are magical!
With the first month of 2016 coming to a close (can you believe how quickly January has flown by!), we wanted to highlight a few more wedding trends that we think are adorable and truly fabulous and should be brought here to Cabo immediately!
- Especially with a destination wedding like this one in Cabo, it can be difficult to include all of our besties, especially our furry ones! So what better way to include them, then to give their photos a place of honor at the reception.
- Instead of linen table runner, try a floral table runner on a simple white linen. Lined with candles, this adds the drama of hundreds of flowers, still leaving room for your guests to be able to chat across and down the long table.
3. Greenery, and lots of it, is really hot right now, and it’s not just limited to the table. Hanging greenery, especially in a location like Cabo where for most of our venues, literally the sky is the limit, this adds an amazing view from the tables.
4. The flowers should, of course, scream glamour, but let’s not forget about the vase! Clear vases, emphasizing the beauty of the stems, with rocks (or shells, or jewels, or seaglass…the list goes on) are clean and simply gorgeous.
Let us help you bring these great ideas to life for your wedding in Los Cabos! We are the floral experts! www.loscabosflowers.com
January is halfway over…and we have been having fun researching trends for the new year! As the Cabo floral expert, we, of course, are always so excited by bridal bouquets! So let’s delve in…here are some gorgeous looks, great unique additions to bouquets, and fun different ways to use some of our traditionally favorite flowers!
Here’s what we came up for you…trends that we know will impress your friends! (As if a wedding in Cabo isn’t enough to impress!)
BABY’S BREATH: Colored or white, this flower used to get a bad rap. No longer! Use it alone to create a wispy wildflower look.
GREENERY GALORE: Greenery is the master of this bouquet. A fresh look!
ADD CURLY WILLOW & AN ALTERNATIVE GREENERY: How about lamb’s ear for the greenery in this bouquet? We love this trend! Add some curly willow to your bouquet, for the beautiful rustic and romantic look!
COLOR AND RIBBONS: Huge & colorful…with a ribbon drape. Couldn’t be cuter…can’t wait to create a bunch of these bouquets at Cabo Flowers and Cakes this year! Don’t go small here!
Connect with us through our social media! Let us help you create the most amazing floral decor…keeping it up-to-date and on-trend!
Welcome to Mallory & Evan’s special day! It’s bright, beautiful and full of fun! We at Cabo Flowers & Cakes loved creating the flowers and floral decor for this exuberant couple for their dream destination wedding in Cabo! Once again, we also loved working with these amazing vendors here in Cabo: Beth Dalton, owner of For You, I Do Weddings and amazing photographer, Daniel Jireh. (Thanks for sharing the photos, Daniel!)
Mallory & Evan’s chuppah (shown above) was so creative and showcased their happy personalities perfectly! Those balls are officially called “pomanders” and we were so pleased with this whimsical wedding look!
We also had a blast creating this beautiful bouquet! Mallory wanted color and succulents, and we were happy to oblige!
Her bridesmaid bouquets were similar (just a bit smaller) and added even more pops of color throughout the wedding!
One of our favorite parts of Mallory & Evan’s floral design were these luscious hair flowers! What true beauty…just what every bride wants for her wedding day!
Congratulations, Mallory & Evan! Thanks for making Cabo Flowers & Cakes such a large part of your special day!
Beth Dalton: www.foryouidoweddings.com
Daniel Jireh: www.danieljireh.com/blog/portfolio
Location: Cabo del Sol golf clubhouse
When Jessica & Josh shared their wedding design concept with us, they knew they wanted elegance! They had an amazing location for their Cabo wedding, at the world famous Sunset Da Mona Lisa Restaurant overlooking Monuments Beach and our thrilling Arch, and they wanted that to shine.
We love what we created for them, in their theme colors of white, blush pink and gold. Take a look! (Photo credit: Sara Richardson Photography)
This may seem like a very simple question, but we here at Cabo Flowers & Cakes actually hear it a lot. And the reason is…there is a ceremony that goes with cutting your wedding cake! Even when you are in Cabo, for your Cabo wedding! We’ve all seen it a hundred times before at weddings where we’ve been a guest, but when you are actually in Cabo, cutting your own wedding cake, it feels different! This is YOUR cake and you are the one who has to cut it! If you are working with a Wedding Planner (and we recommend that you do…contact us for our recommendations), she will know how to do the cake cutting, so follow her instructions. If not,…here’s how:
- You should have a separate cake table, decorated beautifully, with a linen, candles, and of course flowers from Cabo Flowers & Cakes! The table should be located in a central area, where there is plenty of room for your guests to stand in front of it, while you two stand behind it. (The table can be moved into this more central area right before the cake cutting time if you want it to. Just don’t move the table with the cake ON it. No cake crashes, please!)
2. Your cake should be on a cake stand on the table (again, have a professional move the cake onto the stand, on the table.) Also on the table should be your cake cutting knife and your cake server. If you want your champagne glasses on the table, that is fine too.
3. You also need a small plate, a napkin, and two forks. These should be set up behind the cake, which is facing your guests.
4. When it is time to cut your cake, your DJ should begin playing your pre-selected cake cutting song, and the MC should ask your guests to gather around the cake cutting table. Your MC can narrate the cake cutting if you are comfortable with that.
5. Know ahead of time which layer you are going to be cutting into. (Some cakes have fake tiers and you do not want to cut into that!) You will normally cut into the bottom tier of your cake.
6. With both bride and groom holding the knife, make a small slice in the cake. Go all the way through, from the top to the bottom of the cake. Most cakes will have their bottom tier on some type of cakeboard. You don’t need to cut that.
7. Then, together, grab the cake server, and place that under the little cake slice and gently lift the cake slice onto the plate.
8. Using the server, cut the slice into two bite size pieces.
9. Determine ahead of time whether you will be feeding each other cake from your fingers or your forks. Forks? Each use a fork to place the cake in the other’s mouth. Fingers, go one at time (bride first), placing the bite size piece in our spouse’s mouth. Gentle or smearing icing all over the place? That’s up to you!
10. Enjoy this traditional moment! And make sure the photographer was there the whole time getting photos!
Make sure that, for your destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo, Cabo Flowers & Cakes is the one to supply your wedding cake!
Yes, we know, Cabo is one of the top destinations for a beach weddings (if not THE top destination!) Our ocean is teal blue, our Cabo beaches are golden, and the sunsets are truly painted with an artist’s brush! So, we here at Cabo Flowers and Cakes get it, the beach and the ocean are truly inspirations for your event.
That’s why we think you should consider including a Cabo beach theme as part of your wedding treats…whether it’s your actual wedding cake or maybe some other type of treat (see our cute beachy cupcakes below.)
Cabo Flowers and Cakes specializes in white chocolate and/or milk chocolate shells, that you can use to decorate your wedding cake. (Look closely and see how adorable this cake topper is!) The shells can also be colored (think coral for star fish or just get creative) to match your theme.
To be used as an after-event treat, we can create these cupcakes with sunglasses, flip flops or palm trees. (Get creative and let us know what else you’d like to include…we are always open to your ideas!)
This wedding cake below showcases some of our white chocolate shells options. We can also include Bride/Groom sea horses as a cake topper, if that’s what you’d like.
Let Cabo’s beaches inspire you…let Cabo Flowers and Cakes help you create a wedding cake or wedding treat that fits with this ocean theme!